Chemical Safety Awareness is necessary for any individual who works with chemicals or are at risk of being exposed to chemicals at work. After taking this course, participants will gain a better understanding of the chemicals they work with. They can also learn the effects different chemicals can have on an individual and how to safely deal with them in the event of an accident occurring.
This programme is designed to train participants how to handle chemicals safely.
At the end of this course you will be able to identify:
List routes of entry of chemicals into the body
· Identify health effects of chemicals
· Identify warning symbols and read relevant product warning labels
· Use an MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
· Identify and use different types of available PPE
What is covered on our Chemical Training Course
- Understand chemical properties, characteristics and risks they pose to users
- Have a good understanding of chemical warning signs and hazards
- Interpret information on Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Be familiar with legislation-Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Chemical Agents) Regulations 2001
- Develop practical skills in responding to chemical spills
- Take the appropriate safety precautions when working with chemical substances (including wearing of required PPE)
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a certificate in Chemical Awareness Safety that is valid for 3 years.
The course can accommodate a maximum of 12 students.
Fill in the form below with your details and we will be in touch with you real soon.
All courses can be delivered on site or at our dedicated training centers.