First Aid Response Refresher
A PHECC First Aid Response certified course has become the NEW Health and Safety Authority (H.S.A) standard for first aid in the workplace.
The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to refresh learners who have completed a First Aid Response FAR Course 2 Years previously.
This course is perfect for anyone who is required to act as first aider in their place of work, and wishes to keep certification in date.
What is covered on our PHECC First Aid Response (FAR) Course
- The duties of a First Aider
- Personal safety and protection measures
- Accident Scene appraisal and management
- Diagnosis and principle of treatment
- The respiratory system
- CPR instruction and practice
- AED instruction & practice
- The cardiovascular system
- Cardiac arrest – signs, symptoms and causes
- Casualty examination and recovery position
- Unconsciousness – signs, symptoms and causes
- Haemorrhage - signs, symptoms and causes
- Wounds and control of & treatment for bleeding
- Shock - signs, symptoms and causes
- Treatment for shock – vital signs
- Functions of the skeleton
- Types of fractures
- Treatment of fractures
- Head injuries and their management
- Types of burns, poisons, chemical burns and burns to the eyes - signs, symptoms and treatment
- Practical accident scenarios and treatment throughout the course for participants to practice and become competent in dealing with first aid emergencies.
- Critical Incidents
Skills Group Practice
20 MCQ Questions
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) FAR Certificate that is valid for 2 years.
The course can accommodate a maximum of __ students.
Fill in the form below with your details and we will be in touch with you real soon.
All courses can be delivered on site or at our dedicated training centers.